just came back home after a really intense week. Will need to sleep a bit more in the coming days 🙂
Anyway, status is as follows:
The scope has been moved to the dome as planned, and is now equatorially mounted. Collimation has been tuned (and yes, I am pretty happy now), the tube stiffened (I found a slightly loose drawtube), the rotator disabled.
We will have to see how well the dome positions itself relative to the scope, but things are looking good. Wind is definitively less of an issue now. All in all, a very nice job 🙂
Due to the weather I postponed the camera change on the H8, the risk would have been too high that collimation wouldbe messed up afterwards with no time to fix it...
Has now the new Moravian C3-61000 camera on it with the IMX455 chip 8like the H8). The optical performance of the FSQ106 is pretty impressive, even with the small pixels, but personally I would work in binning 2x2. Consider lowering the exposure times as the sensor is much more sensitive than the 8300 CCD before 🙂
Man, alot of work went into this. We had cabling issues, mount issues, and at the last day it turned out that the camera wasn't cooling anymore. I took it with me and will send it to FLI next week for fixing. Hopefully it will be back online in a few weeks.